St. Paul's Anglican Church
Philhellinon Street & Amalias Avenue
Established in 1843, St. Paul's Anglican Church is located at the junction of Philellinon Street with Amalias Avenue in downtown Athens. This simple English neo-Gothic style Anglican church was built in the early 1840s of marble from Mt. Hymettus and limestone brought in from the Corinth Canal.
Consecrated on Palm Sunday in 1843 by the Rt. Rev. George Tomlinson, Bishop of Gibraltar, St. Paul’s became the earliest foreign church in the city. Since then, it has been a focus of worship, pastoral care and cultural activities for the English-speaking residents of Athens, as well as for visitors travelling through Greece.